Powered by Jitbit AspNetForum free trial version.

Home » General » Dotson continues to progress as second preseason Messages in this topic - RSS
12/15/2018 1:06:23 AM
liny195
Posts 104
While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers first team offense performed exceptionally well during the teams first preseason game Tampa Bay Buccaneers Womens T-Shirt , they were missing a key piece. Starting right tackle Demar Dotson was held out as the team continues to ease him back into action from his off season knee injury. Dotson, when healthy, is arguably the teams best offensive lineman and will certainly be a huge factor this season for Tampa Bay. Head coach Dirk Koetter gave some positive news today on Dotson and assured everyone that the veteran’s injury was not worse than previously reported and that the team is just being cautious and easing him back into action.“No, he’s right on track. He could’ve played last week if we needed him to. We don’t need a guy that’s in his 10th or 11th year to play in preseason,” Koetter said. “Look around the league, there were a lot of veteran players that didn’t play in preseason one.”Demar Dotson, according to PFF, gave up the second fewest QB pressures (minimum of 400 snaps) last season with a total of 14, so he is clearly a huge part of the Buccaneers offense. Like Koetter said, it wasn’t overly important for Dotson to play week one, but you would like to see him take at least a few snaps this upcoming week. The team clearly has a plan for Dotson, but Koetter was very brief on that plan and was non committal on whether or not Dotson will Play Saturday. “Yeah, I do know, but I’ll let you in on that a little later. Dot’s progressing fine. We’re easing him in as I said Tampa Bay Buccaneers Hats ,” Koetter said. “He’s going in 11-on-11. He’s out there right in the middle of it. I’m very confident that Dot’s good to go.”Dotson has been practicing in 11-on-11 for quite a few practices now, so I would anticipate him playing on Saturday night even if it is only for a series or two. Dave Gettleman and the New York Giants have to answer one question heading into the NFL draft with the second pick overall.Is there another Eli Manning?If the new general manager is convinced there is a guy who can lead to the team to a couple of Super Bowls — and the Cleveland Browns haven't taken him — the Giants grab a quarterback.It's that simple when you are coming off a 3-13 season and Manning is 37 years old. General managers don't pass on quarterbacks who have the potential to make everyone on the team better. That's what Ernie Accorsi did in 2004, when he engineered a blockbuster draft-day trade for Manning.Accorsi was convinced Manning was a can't-miss QB, and it didn't hurt that the Ole Miss product didn't want to play on the West Coast. So the Giants packaged Philip Rivers, who they took with the No. 4 pick overall, their third-round pick that year and their first and fifth-round choices in 2005 and sent them to San Diego.It was a big price. The return was Super Bowl titles after the 2007 and '11 seasons. Well worth it."When you're picking this high, if you make a mistake, you're done," said Gettleman, who was hired to replace the ousted Jerry Reese. "We talk that when you miss on a quarterback, you really hurt the franchise for probably five years. It's a five-year mistake. Yeah, it's a big decision, but as long as you've done your homework and turned all the rocks over, you will come to the right answer. You ask the right questions and you will get the right answers."Four quarterbacks in the draft class are attractive: Josh Allen of Wyoming Tampa Bay Buccaneers Womens Hoodie
pages: 1
|

Home » General » Dotson continues to progress as second preseason