Powered by Jitbit AspNetForum free trial version.

Home » Announcements » Al Gore links climate change and fires Messages in this topic - RSS
7/27/2020 3:12:53 AM
cigspriced
Posts 37
ANNABEL CRABB, PRESENTER: As the fires continue burning, former United States Vice President and Nobel Prize-winning climate change activist Al Gore has bought into the debate over the link between global warming and bushfires.

AL GORE: I don't think it's a commercial conspiracy, I think it's a political fact of life. It certainly is in my country. In the United States, our democracy has been hacked. Special interests control decisions too frequently. You saw it in our recent fiscal and debt crisis, if that made the news over there. It's pitiful, really. And the energy companies Online Cigarettes Free Shipping, coal companies and oil companies particularly, have prevented the Congress of the United States from doing anything meaningful so far to stop the climate crisis.

AL GORE: Well Newport 100S Cigarettes, I can't disagree that the performance of the politicians in my own country has been very inspiring in the last several weeks, but - and I've criticised the way our system is working here in the US. Sure, but President Obama just won a tough victory on his healthcare plan and backed down the so-called Tea Party members who tried to derail it, and, he has introduced through his Environmental Protection Agency a very tough new regulations forcing the reduction in CO2 emissions. So, we are moving forward in the US. I would like to see us move forward even faster and more boldly.

ANNABEL CRABB: Mr Gore, Australia's moving into a new phase on climate policy. We're moving to a Direct Action strategy which is centred around buying abatements from polluters and a heavy reliance on soil carbon Cheap Cigarettes. Do you think that those are workable solutions?

Related articles:
Harmful Effects Of Cigarettes

Marlboro Light Carton
pages: 1
|

Home » Announcements » Al Gore links climate change and fires