Powered by Jitbit AspNetForum free trial version.

Home » Announcements » Wendell Smallwood Eagles Jersey Messages in this topic - RSS
2/8/2017 1:19:51 AM
rxz123
Posts 1214
Berkman Defends Early Clubhouse Exits - RealGM Wiretap Lance Berkman defended the early exits of some Cardinals players following Game 2 of the World Series on Thursday night. Albert Pujols has received a lot of attention for ducking out on the media Marcus Smith II Eagles Jersey , but veterans Matt Holliday, Yadier Molina and Berkman, himself, departed early as well. Berkman said the four players didn't feel they played an important role in the Game 2 loss and none of them were asked to speak in the media interview room, which provides a controlled environment. "I just, I kinda wanted to call in and defend our guys because I feel like we have an upstanding group," Berkman told hosts Jody McDonald and Kevin Kennedy of MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM. "And the thing about the World Series, as you guys know Trey Burton Eagles Jersey , is the media crush is pretty remarkable and, for that reason, they do have that interview room set up where they can request to talk to who they want to talk to and that way you avoid having to answer the same question 500 times. It's not a matter of our guys not wanting to accept responsibility for anything that happens. We have a group of stand-up guys that always take responsibility. And this is a little different than the regular season when you might have 10 different reporters in there, some beat guys maybe. You're talking about probably 100 to 150 media people in there and it seems like they are not satisfied with the things that [are] set up where they can all go to the media room and ask pertinent questions to the key players in the ball game. It's like they all want their own individual interview and you can literally spend an hour and a half after the game answering everybody's questions. Everybody has family here. The games are late. We're leaving early. There's all kinds of factors. It's not simply a matter of running away and hiding and not wanting to talk about a tough loss. So I think that needs to be said. And my question is: At what point does the player's responsibility end? Do you have to stay there an hour? Do you have to answer every single question? Do you have to answer only the questions from the major networks? How do you define taking responsibility? "What ends up happening, and I've done plenty of these and done plenty of them in the postseason, you stand at your locker, you get asked questions about the game and the next thing you know you're answering the same questions for a new group of reporters, and then 15 minutes later you're answering the exact same questions for a new group of reporters. And it becomes so redundant. And I agree with what you guys said Wendell Smallwood Eagles Jersey , that the players do have a responsibility to take time with the media and to give insight but by the same token neither Matt, nor I, nor Albert had really anything to do with that game last night. None of us did much of anything in the game and the real story was the Allen Craig hit and the Jaime Garcia start and if you want to talk to Jason Motte(notes), the closer, I mean, those are the things that really had a bearing on what happened during the game. And I understand wanting a star's perspective but I just don't see that that is an undeniable right of the media to talk to whomever they want to, whenever they want to under any circumstances." Varied Benefits Of A Nitrogen Generator For Sale Varied Benefits Of A Nitrogen Generator For Sale October 2, 2015 | Author: Olive Pate | Posted in Marketing
pages: 1
|

Home » Announcements » Wendell Smallwood Eagles Jersey